http://elanartist.wix.com/elanhiart

http://elanartist.wix.com/elanhiart
Elan Portal

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Large Romare Bearden Inpired People with Harlem Gems


















One of the lovely teachers at Harlem Gems assisted me with taking pictures. Thank you, Chloe.
Here are photos of my students creating large collage people, inspired by artist Romare Bearden.
I read to them I Love Collage, by me, Elan Ferguson. I Love Collage is about why I love collage and why it is so great.
After reading, I introduced Romare Bearden to the class. According to The Bearden Foundation
Romare Howard Bearden was born on September 2, 1911, to (Richard) Howard and Bassye Bearden in Charlotte, North Carolina, and died in New York City on March 12, 1988, at the age of 76. His life and art are marked by exceptional talent, encompassing a broad range of intellectual and scholary interests, including music, performing arts, history, literature and world art. Bearden was also a celebrated humanist, as demonstrated by his lifelong support of young, emerging artist. We looked at The Block, discussed what they saw and talked a little about community.  We concluded with people in their community. Immediately after we began with a collage lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment