http://elanartist.wix.com/elanhiart

http://elanartist.wix.com/elanhiart
Elan Portal

Monday, May 11, 2015

Cartoon Characters


I love puppets and cartoons. I grew up loving Sesame Street and all sorts of cartoons. When I was younger Saturday was the best day to catch all of the best cartoons. Nowadays cartoons are not hard to find. With hundreds of shows, networks and channels, cartoons can be found very easily and are watched by so many.
That's why using cartoons as a teaching tool for young children is a good idea. In this workshop I used cartoons to talk about the parts of the face/body, clothing and feelings/facial expressions.
I usually create my own parts of the face but for this workshop I used foam cartoon face pieces I ordered from S&S Worldwide as well as the multicultural face shapes.

Supplies:
- face shapes
- face parts
- shirt cut out
- pant cut out
- glue sticks / wet glue
- construction paper
- markers/crayons

Begin with the background. After the background has been created distribute the shoes, pants, shirts and hands. Remind families arrange first and decide where you would like the pieces before you glue them down. After the body has been positioned add the head and the parts of the face. Complete the project with coloring in details.




Children should be placing the pieces down however they feel is best. It's their artwork so always respect their ideas and compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment